- Title: Global Vice President of Finance
- Reporting Line: Divisional Business President
- Company: Global Multinational Automotive Firm (publicly listed)
- Location: Michigan, United States
- Challenge: A new division was recently formed focusing on advanced safety features and user interface experience for electric vehicles – which the company sees as the engine for all future growth. They needed a senior finance leader with extensive M&A and integration experience – who could lead a young division through a period of unprecedented growth. This individual would need to be well versed in change management and organizational transformation as they look to bridge the gap between being an automotive company (historically) and a tech company (the future).
- Solution: SmartSearch sourced, engaged, and thoroughly interviewed existing CHROs and senior HR talent across the whole of Europe – focusing on candidates with extensive international experience, change management expertise, and a track record of transformation and business alignment. After suggesting the client interview 4 candidates – 2 made it to final interview stage before 1 was hired. After their first year within the role they were recognized by one of Germany’s leading business magazines as the year’s top transformational HR leader.
- Timeline: 12 weeks (from job briefing call to offer acceptance)
May 20, 2021