- Title: Global Vice President of Operations & Manufacturing
- Reporting Line: CEO
- Company: Global Multinational Industrial Manufacturing Firm (publicly listed)
- Location: Ohio, United States
- Challenge: Company strategy was shifting operations from high cost countries to low cost countries – at the same time increasing automation and implementing industry 4.0. The client needed a strong operations leader with a lean six sigma background and global experience, who was also well versed in technology and automation. The position could be based anywhere across the US as long as the candidate was open to extensive travel.
- Solution: SmartSearch sourced, engaged, and thoroughly interviewed existing operations and manufacturing talent across the whole of the US – focusing on candidates with extensive international experience and technologically adept . After suggesting the client interview 5 candidates – 3 made it to final interview stage. The client then decided to hire two candidates for the role – 1 for the original position and another for a slightly more junior role they decided to create based on the candidates’ unique experience.
- Timeline: 14 weeks (from job briefing call to offer acceptance)
July 27, 2021